Duration : 2 days
Stand up for Yourself – Build your confidence in your ability to handle others and feel better about saying No!
Being assertive is being clear about your opinions, wants and feelings so that they are understood by others. Assertiveness also means knowing how to interact and negotiate so that yours and others’ views are given fair and considerate treatment. It is an essential skill for work and life.
Assertiveness training provides individuals with the skills and knowledge to enable them to communicate more confidently and effectively, using assertive behaviour techniques.
After attending the program, participants can achieve the important objectives as follows:
- Develop Skills to make requests and state your views clearly and assertively
- Awareness of the best way to voice your ideas and opinions
- Techniques for handling difficult situations and people
- Confidence to say ‘no’ to unreasonable requests
- Tools to develop better working relationships with colleagues and managers
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at
- Middle managers and
- Senior managers
Who are looking to take more control of their working and/or personal life. The training includes techniques and strategies to help delegates become more confident and assertive to achieve their desired outcome, when communicating with others.