Duration : 1 day
Effective intercultural communication is a “must have” in our global economy. Business success has always been built on understanding and nurturing strong relationships; therefore, to establish successful business relationships with our multicultural clients and colleagues we must have international knowledge.
Understanding the values, attitudes and behaviors of people from various countries is key to knowing how to do business with them. Otherwise, working, meeting, entertaining, negotiating and corresponding with colleagues or clients from different cultures will be a minefield.
One basic misunderstanding can ruin or perhaps delay work for months. We can no longer afford to think that everyone’s culture is similar to our own.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Increase positive attitudes towards people of other countries and cultures.
- Increase awareness of challenges that arise in communicating with people of other cultures.
- Work effectively and productively in a multicultural context.
- Develop a global mindset along global competencies.
- Adopt skills, techniques, attitudes and behaviours to provide an atmosphere of trust, respect and supportive communication between colleagues and clients.
- Consciously practise the global skill-set which is not only nice to know but necessary in today’s multicultural environments.
- Discover the specifics of relevant cultures, in order to achieve communication excellence
Who Should Attend
This course is targeted at Business professionals, Managers and staff, anyone involved in international sales or support, frequent business travellers.